Finger Lakes Scuba~Coral Reef Dive Adventures
SSI & SDI Scuba Program Junior Diver Certification Policy
These SCUBA Programs are committed to the teaching and training of Junior SCUBA divers (ages 10 to 14). The Junior Diver must be at least 10 years old before the beginning of training, and at his/her 15th birthday is eligible for adult certification.
SSI & SDI SCUBA Programs have developed and established many opportunities for Junior Divers at the open water and specialty certification levels.
In keeping with the philosophy of These SCUBA Programs, it is the policy of Finger Lakes Scuba to allow Junior Certified Open Water Divers to participate and become Junior Certified in all of its specialty programs subject to the following limitations:
1. Junior Diver students must have a parent/guardian present during all training sessions. Waivers are available to allow parents to not be present in special circumstances such as camps.
2. Junior Divers are certified based on maturity and competency to be determined by the certifying instructor.
3. Junior certified divers are limited to depths of 40 feet or less for 10 & 11 year olds and 60 feet or less for 12 to 14 year olds.
4. Junior certified divers will not participate in any diving activity that requires decompression.
5. Junior certified divers can only dive in an environment that allows direct unrestricted access to the surface.
6. Junior certified divers must be accompanied by a parent or certified dive leader for 10 & 11 year olds and for 12 to 14 year olds, an adult at least 18 years old, of equal or greater certification on all SCUBA dives.
7. Upon achieving age 15, Junior Divers may upgrade to adult certifications.
Lakes Scuba is a division of Coral Reef Dive Adventures.
Copyright © 1999 Coral Reef Dive Adventures. All Rights Reserved.